To patients of Healy Plastic Surgery,
We hope that you are all staying healthy and sane during the COVID-19 pandemic. This has been an unprecedented event in our history and has disrupted our society in multiple ways. Fortunately, Hawaii has had a very low number of cases and deaths compared to many other states and it appears that the worst is behind us. Thank you for playing your part in “flattening the curve” and protecting your families and neighbors.
The health and safety of our patients and staff as always remains our top priority. The “new normal” will change how we evaluate and treat our patients, but we feel we are at a point where we can start to slowly resume our surgeries, procedures and treatments on a modified basis. We have been in discussions with local, state and national leaders in the medical field in order to determine the best way forward.
Effective May 1, Healy Plastic Surgery will begin to offer services to our patients. Starting out we will move slowly and cautiously with constant re-evaluation of our practices to ensure the well-being of our patients and staff. Listed below are some of the changes we have made:
- All patients are asked to wear a mask when they enter the office
- Our staff will wear masks, eye protection and gloves when treating patients
- You will be asked to fill out a questionnaire and have your temperature taken
- If you have a fever, cough or similar symptoms do not come into the office, we will reschedule
- If anyone in your house is symptomatic or has tested + for COVID, do not come to the office
- If you have traveled outside the state during the last 2 weeks, do not come to the office
- Only the patient will be allowed in the office, friends/family members can wait outside
- Appointment slots will be spaced out to allow for deep cleaning in between patients
- Patients with any risk factors are asked to postpone their procedures for the time being
- Risk factors include: age over 60, diabetes, hypertension, asthma, obesity, etc.
- VIP members will not be charged monthly fee until they resume services
The above factors will be constantly re-evaluated and updated as needed. We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation. We will do everything in our power to make your experience at HPS outstanding. Please feel free to discuss any questions or concerns with myself or any of the staff. As always we follow the mantra of Charles Mayo, “The best interest of the patient is the only interest to be considered.”
Please call at (808) 487-0076 the office to schedule your procedures. We look forward to seeing you all again.