Eyelid Surgery Hawaii
Eyelid surgery is also called blepharoplasty. This involves removing fat usually along with excess skin and muscle from the upper and lower eyelids. Eyelid surgery can correct drooping upper lids and puffy bags below your eyes. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jeff Healy offers some of the best eyelid surgery results Hawaii has to offer.
Eyelid Surgery Candidates
Features that make you look older and more tired than you feel, and may even interfere with your vision. This procedure doesn’t involve crow’s feet or other wrinkles, eliminate dark circles under your eyes, or lift sagging eyebrows.
Eyelid surgery in Hawaii can enhance your looks and give your self confidence but won’t make you look entirely different. So be realistic in your expectations.
- The best candidates for eyelid surgery are men and women who are physically healthy, psychologically stable.
- Most are 35 or older
- If droopy, baggy eyelids run in your family, you may decide to have eyelid surgery at a younger age.
- The medical conditions which make blepharoplasty more riskier are thyroid problems such as hypothyroidism and graves’ diseases, dry eye or lack of sufficient tears, high blood pressure or other circulatory disorders, cardiovascular disease.
- If you have a detached retina or glaucoma. Check with your ophthalmologist before you have surgery.
Eyelid Surgery Potential Risks and Complication
When an eyelid surgery is performed by a qualified plastic surgeon, complications are infrequent and usually minor. But you should always expect risks and discuss with your surgeons about the pros and cons involved.
- The minor complications after the surgery include double or blurred vision for a few days.
- Temporary swelling at the corner of the eyelids.
- A slight asymmetry in healing or scarring.
- Tiny whiteheads may appear after your stitches are taken out, which can be removed easily with a very fine needle.
- Following surgery, some patients may have difficulty closing their eyes when they sleep.
- In rare cases, this condition may be permanent.
- Another complication is ectropion, a pulling down of the lower which requires further surgery.
Click here for more Eyelid Surgey Before and After’s
Preparing for Your Eyelid Surgery
The initial planning with your surgeon is very important. The surgeon will need your complete medical history. Be sure to inform your surgeons of any previous diseases and allergies. Most important thing is to inform the doctor if you’re a smoker or not. An Eye test is performed to test vision and also tear produce provide all recent eye test records. Most insurance policies don’t cover eyelid surgery, unless you can prove that, drooping upper lids interfere with our vision.
What to Expect During Your Eyelid Surgery
The surgery is usually done on an outpatient basis and so does not require an in patient stay. Eyelid surgery in Hawaii is usually performed under local anesthesia, which numbs the area around the eyes. You’ll be awake during the surgery, but relaxed and insensitive to pain. Blepharoplasty in Hawaii may take one to three hours. For this procedure, the surgeon makes incisions following the natural lines of your eyelids; in the creases of your upper lids, and just below the lashes in your lower lids. The incisions can extent into the crow’s feet or laughs line at the outer corners of your eyes. If you have a pocket of fat beneath your lower eyelids but don’t need to have any skin removed, your surgeon may perform a transconjunctival blepharoplasty. In this procedure the incision is made inside your lower eyelids, leaving no visible scar. It is usually performed on younger patients with thicker, more elastic skin.
I would like to thank you for taking care of my eyes for me. I truly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. May God bless you always.
– by C.D.
The Cost of Eyelid Surgery
The cost of your eyelid surgery in Hawaii will depend on the type of eyelid surgery performed and other factors that our team can go over during your consultation at Healy Plastic Surgery. Our team can answer any question you have regarding the payment options we offer and the financing options available to you.
Schedule a Consultation
Dr. Jeff Healy is a board-certified plastic surgeon who can help you to achieve your goals. Dr. Healy specializes in procedures relating to cosmetic surgery including procedures such as brow lifts, breast augmentation, nose jobs, ear pinning, liposuction, and tummy tucks. To schedule an appointment or to learn more about eyelid surgery in Hawaii, please contact us today.